"Trello is 1,000% Gangster and likes long walks on the beach. I always "Swipe Right" for Trello. FYI." LOL! It's cool seeing your Trello board as you develop the game! Maybe I should try using it again.... haha. Good work on this update guys!
DEVLOG #9 - ALPHA v1.2
Hello and Good Day!
We are proud to release ALPHA v1.2 <--------------------- BAM! Shelter Building!
Working Working Working! We got a ton done and are still making more. Getting there! We are working on more art as a lot of the current art is placeholder and will change. We are completely done with all Player Animations with the exception of dying (which you cannot do yet). @AlWireHead is working diligently on the forest pixels and some items. There is a ton to draw so it will take some time. I have been working hard on getting different aspects of the game coded and working with Placeholder art for the time-being. Then when the real art is done it is easy to just pop it in and it's already coded. Works like a Charm! We manage a lot of the "To Do" items in Trello. Our board currently looks like this:
Trello is 1,000% Gangster and likes long walks on the beach. I always "Swipe Right" for Trello. FYI.
So far I am having a Blast with this project. It takes a little longer due to the amount of sprites needed and also how much the player can do in a survival game. All of this (and every other game I've made) has been a learning experience. Working with multiple DEVs can be a challenge, yet myself and @AlWireHead work well together because we stay chill and we get things done. Each little bit completed by both of us gets smashed together into this thing we call a Pixel Art Game. I think people will be amazed at what gets completed in just a couple months time. I know I look forward to seeing what this project becomes - -
Here is a List of All the ALPHA v1.2 Updates Made:
- Added Tall Grass (Placeholder Art)
- Added ability to Harvest Tall Grass
- 10% Chance to collect Grass Seeds from Harvesting Tall Grass
- Programmed Harvest Shounds
- Programmed Harvest Player Animations
- Small Changes to the initial small world to test in
- Added "Nature" atmospheric sounds
- Fixed a Layer Bug where the player would flash (i'm pretty sure?)
- Adjusted Object Destroy distance when chopping, mining, gardening etc
- Shelter Placing/Building/Destroying (WIP Art for Sure) <------------
- Added Building Sound (Hammer)
- Added Shelter Created Sound
- Added the Ability to Rest at your Shelter (Energy Increase very fast - Emotion Increase) (Press "R" by the Shelter once it is built
- Added the ability to destroy the shelter (so it can be moved)
- Adjusted Eating, Drinking Volumes
- Adjusted Harvest time (Lowered)
- Added Collect-able Metal Item
- Added the 1st Tileset
- 10% Change Metal is dropped from Rocks after mined
Life is Short = Be Creative